10 Tips on How to Deliver Good Customer Service
It is imperative for a person to deliver good customer service in order to receive return visits to their business. An incorporation of positive behavior, good voice tone, a smile, and body language can help to win the customer’s repeat business. As a good customer service person, you should put the customer’s needs first in order to have a positive sales experience.
1. You should provide the type of customer service that will promote the mission of the company.
- Focus on delivering good customer service that gives the customer a picture of why the company is in business.
- Let the customer know that the company has their needs at heart.
- Focus on meeting their needs professionally.
2. Give the customer your undivided attention.
- Be sure to make eye contact with the customer while listening actively to their request.
- Do not engage in a conversation with fellow employees while assisting a customer.
- Avoid being distracting and rude.
- You should let the customer know that their presence takes priority.
3. Speak in a customer-friendly voice that assures the customer that you want to assist them.
- Do not use a rude tone when speaking to the customer.
- Let the customer know that you are there to help them have a valuable shopping experience.
- Use inviting and friendly words when speaking.
4. Do not rush from one customer to another.
- Be patient and allow each customer to decide upon their purchase.
- Initiate suggestions for any purchases that may be a good fit.
- Assure the customer that their shopping satisfaction is important to you.
5. You can offer the customer discount coupons and email alerts on future purchases.
- Ask open-ended questions to find out about the customer’s wish-list desires.
- Offer to add the customer’s name to the company’s email list.
- Let the customer know about any upcoming special savings days.
6. Ask the customer to fill out a feedback survey about their customer service experience.
- Offer a feedback survey to the customer so that future issues may be addressed.
- Ask the customer to include a customer service rating about your service.
- Let the customer know that there is a chance to win a prize for doing the survey.
7. Tell the customer about any rewards accumulated for previous purchases.
- Check to see if the customer has a membership account that has customer rewards.
- Allow the customer to sign up for the rewards program, if no account is found.
- Let them know about the available website link and additional information for discounts.
8. Speak clearly when answering the customer’s inquiries.
- Answer questions clearly with proper language so that the customer understands you.
- Dismiss any negative attitudes when speaking to customer.
- Engage in positive language exchange to provide a good customer service experience.
9. Address the customer by name, if possible, when speaking to them.
- Calling the customer by name can make the shopping experience more memorable.
- Ask the customer for permission to call them by name.
- Make eye contact while speaking to the customer.
10. Thank the customer for shopping at the business and ask them to please come again.
- When you thank the customer for coming, this shows appreciation for their patronage.
- Do not allow the customer to leave without showing gratitude.
- Offer store-provided assistance with any large packages.